So! The first day we registered after arriving at the hotel for Matthew Hussey Retreat, we went to a special banquet hall for greet and meet evening event themed Alice in Wonderland.
I was feeling nervous and anxious about meeting new people and do the social interaction.
Although I seem very outgoing, I have little social anxiety and rather stay in the room if I can just choose that way...
I can so totally fun, outgoing and happy and myself with peopple I like and feel connected...maybe that's true for everyone? Haha
After initial night of trying to make small talk or getting to know people(I felt they were strangers) from all over the world. Apparently there were 209 ladies for the Matthew Hussey Retreat of May 2017 at Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA.
I felt little stressed and alone feeling in the beginning till Matt handed out these amazing questionnaire cards to each of us!
He told how it is so boring to ask questions like
"What do you do?"
"Where are you from?"
Those questions don't take us anywhere...it's surface level questions we don't really get to know each other in a deeper level.
Remember we connect in an emotional level through "Why" questions...to dig deep.
Why one like the work they do not what.
After getting my card with several questions, I started to explore and get to know random ladies on the first evening!
This was my card with questions!
After we returned home, one lady posted a message on our facebook group to gather all other questions other ladies got!
So here they are.
I am just writing down as text!
Utilize these questions for your next date or meeting someone and start talking when you like to get to know the person in a deeper level. :)
It was lots of fun! I really loved sharing and learning about other ladies I had a chance to ask questions and answers.
We were told to ask 3 questions and switch.
- What is the number one destination on your bucket list?
- What's a skill you really want to have that you don't already?
- Movie theatre or movies on your couch?
- If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
- What's the most embarrassing date you've ever been on?
- What was the last book you read?
- What do you want to be when you grow up?
- Which color reflects your personality and why?
- If you could choose a theme song for your life, what would it be?
- When you're having a bad day, what do you do to make yourself feel better?
- What's your favorite animated movie and why?
- What's the best piece of advice you've received?
- If you had to eat one type of food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What profession would you choose if everyone was paid the same?
- What do you like to do on a rainy day?
- Would you rather watch TV or read a book?
- University or life experience: which do you feel best prepare you for life?
- Would you rather be the Mad Hatter or the White Rabbit?
- What's the one item you can't leave your house without?
- What's something you think you should be actively practicing this week on the retreat(or this week or upcoming week)?
- What's your favorite movie and why?
- What do you suck at?
- If you could be the smartest person in the world on a certain subject, what subject would it be?
- What's one thing you feel grateful for today?
- Yogurt or cereal?
- Would you rather live for a week in the past or in the future?
- Who would you want with you if you were stranded on a deserted island?
- What would be your "perfect" day?
- What's something you love doing but don't do enough?
- Tea party or coffee shop?
- If you could go back to high school, what would you tell your high school self about growing up into a woman(or man) based on what you know now?
- What do you prefer: city, countryside, woods, beach, or mountains?
- If you could invent basically anything, what would it be?
- Which of your friends are you proudest of? Why?
- What's your favorite time of day?
- What do you think is the greatest invention of all time?
- What movie makes you cry with laughter?
- If you were stranded on an island, and could only have three things with you, what would they be?
- What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic?
- What is your favorite home cooked meal?
- If you were Dictator of the World, what book would you force everyone to read?
- Are you often late like the White Rabbit in Alice in wonderland or do you like to be on time?
- If you could speak another language, which would it be and why?
- What character traits do you share with your favorite animal?
What do you think?
I am curious how your dating or social interaction will go next time when you incorporate these questions! Let me know in the comment when you go out and use these! :)